Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Fries and Eggs


Here is a little something I made for dinner. This is Alex by the way. Anyways, I love garlic fries, and so tonight I attempted to make some. And of course I decided to make them with some over easy eggs. I guess you could call it breakfast for dinner.

Are fries a breakfast food?

1 good potato, peeled and sliced
1 Tbsp cayenne pepper
1 Tsp salt
1 Tsp black pepper
2-3 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
1-2 Tbsp Herbs de Provence (can substitute w/ other herbs)
3-4 cloves garlic, more if warding off vampires...

Over medium heat add 2-3 tablespoons olive oil and a teaspoon salt. Wait for the oil to heat but don't let it burn. Have the potato peeled and chopped into slices, and place in the hot oil. Cook for ~15 minutes while flipping the potatoes occasionally to make sure they don't burn. I am prone to burning the food and I'll tell ya it is not so good. Ok, once the potatoes have browned some add the cayenne pepper, herbs, and chopped garlic. Reduce the heat to medium low so the garlic doesn't burn and cook for anther 5 minutes, still flipping the potato slices a couple times. Add the Panko bread crumbs, enough so that the potato slices are well covered and the crumbs give it a good texture.


The eggs are pretty simple and I am not the best at making them so I won't try to give tips on their preparation. This rudimentary recipe can easily be doubled if you are cooking for two or quadrupled etc.

Here it is! Nom nom!


...and how about that smiley...

No comments:

Post a Comment