- 1 pound loaf of ciabatta with the ends cut off and sliced into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 Garlic clove sliced down the middle to rub on toasts
- 3 Garlic cloves minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil to cook greens+ roughly 2 more to drizzle on toasts
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 12 oz baby spinach
- Kosher salt
- 2 cups (4 oz) fontina cheese, grated
To make the toasts preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the slices of bread on the parchment paper in a single layer and drizzle with olive oil. Place in the oven and allow to bake four roughly 10 minutes, until golden brown.
Remove the toasts and allow to cool slightly and then rub the toasts with the cut portion of the garlic halves. Set the toasts aside and get to work on the spinach.
In a skillet heat the 3 tablespoons of olive oil and add the three minced garlic cloves along with the red pepper flakes and cook until you can smell the garlic, about 30 seconds. Add the spinach in batches and cook until wilted then season to taste with salt.
Top the toasts with the spinach and then sprinkle with cheese and put them back into the oven to season with salt and serve.