- 1 cup peeled and grated raw sweet potatoes (the potatoes should be grated as finely-using a small hole grater if possible)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated lemon peel (can be omitted if you don't want in a savory rendition)
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons oil or melted butter
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
In a large bowl mix the sweet potatoes, lemon peel, egg, milk, oil and butter.
In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, cumin, chili powder, and cinnamon.
Sir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients being careful not to over stir. Set the batter aside.
Heat a oiled skillet to medium high heat. For each pancake pour about a ladle full or a little less of batter into the skillet and allow to cook for about 2 minutes on each side, until they reach a golden brown color.